Massage and Massage Therapy from Our Farmington, Farmington Hills & Livonia area Chiropractor
Anchor Health & Wellness is dedicated to your whole-body health, not just the alignment of your joints. That's why our Farmington and Farmington Hills chiropractor, Dr. Foxworthy, makes frequent use of soft tissue techniques such as massage therapy to round out our many health, wellness and injury rehabilitation options.
Types of Massage in Farmington
When you think of massage, you most likely think of the Swedish massage so commonly offered in health spas. This soothing, light form of massage is highly therapeutic in its right, increasing blood flow to surface tissues, relieving tight muscles and reducing stress levels. But our chiropractor can prescribe many different types of massage in Farmington, including:
- Deep Tissue Massage - Deep tissue massage literally goes beyond Swedish massage by targeting muscles and connective further down toward the bones. This technique can facilitate the healing of acute injuries, but it also lowers blood pressure and produces a deep relaxation response.
- Neuromuscular Triggerpoint Massage - Tight knots of muscle in one part of the body can trigger pain signals in another part of the body. Neuromuscular triggerpoint massage is a method for identifying and releasing these tight spots. A single session or neuromuscular triggerpoint massage can produce dramatic pain relief.
- Pre-Natal Massage - Pre-natal massage aims to relieve the muscle pain, stiffness, swelling and other discomforts associated with pregnancy. Our gentle techniques are perfectly safe for expectant mothers.
- Chair Massage - Chair massage is the most "portable" of all massage forms, making it easy to transport this service to offices and health fairs. Our fully-clothed patients sit comfortably while we apply a soothing, relaxing massage to the upper body.
- Myofascial Release - Constrictions or damage involving the fascia can be a factor in migraines, fibromyalgia, TMJ and other painful problems. Our Farmington chiropractor may prescribe myofascial release to undo these areas of tightness to relieve pain and restore function.
- Sports Massage - Sports massage can ensure that the major muscle groups you use in your chosen sports remain loose, limber and healthy. We prescribe to rehabilitate injuries or in preparation for sporting events.
Massage Therapy Programs and Rates
Our Farmington chiropractor can recommend a specific massage therapy program just for you. In
addition to reducing acute pain and inflammation to help tissues heal faster, you may also benefit from periodic massage therapy sessions to control chronic pain, keep your body's stress levels under control and normalize many physical functions, including immune response. You'll find yourself sleeping better, moving better and feeling better at all times. Our therapeutic massage rates are as follows:
- 30 minute therapeutic massage: $45
- 1 hour therapeutic massage: $80
- 90 minute therapeutic massage: $110
- Package of five 1-hour massages: $375
A Common Goal for Wellness
Chiropractic Care and Massage Therapy are both natural, hands-on, drug=free interventions. They are also both focused on addressing the root cause of dysfunction rather than simply masking the problem. They can both be used to help recover and heal from injury; however both are ideally used regularly in the absense of pain to help maintain a wellness and preventative lifestyle. When used in combination, they can not only help you prevent pain, but can help you achieve optimal movement, health and vitality!
From pre-natal massage and sports massage to chair massage and myofascial release, you'll find the massage technique you need at Anchor Health & Wellness. Call us today, 248-471-1250, for a consultation with our chiropractor in Farmington!