Lower Back Pain Treatment from Your Farmington Chiropractor
Lower back pain is one of the most common musculoskeletal problems experienced by adults in Farmington and Farmington Hills. As your Farmington Hills chiropractor, we help our patients find back pain relief using all natural, gentle chiropractic techniques.
Causes of Lower Back Pain in Farmington, Farmington Hills, Livonia
Lower back pain often occurs because of injury to the muscles, joints, vertebral discs or the vertebrae themselves. There are many reasons people experience injury in this part of the body.
- Career. Heavy lifting and repetitive motions can cause lower back pain for people who engage in physical activity for their jobs. In addition, poor ergonomics can cause problems for people who sit in uncomfortable chairs.
- Herniated disc. Damage to the disc between spinal vertebrae can cause a protrusion that creates numbness, pain and tingling in the extremities. Herniated discs can occur as a result of a personal injury, car accident, sports injury and for other common reasons.
- Lifestyle. Lifestyle and environmental factors like a poor mattress, the way work is done in the yard and the way a person sits in their car can all cause low back pain.
- Chronic pain. Chronic pain can occur because of a poorly healed injury or a condition that causes back pain, such as spinal stenosis.
- Poor posture. Poor posture puts strain on the back and neck, leading to pain up and down the spine.
Services Offered By Your Chiropractor in Farmington
As your Farmington Hills chiropractor, we offer the following services to provide back pain relief to our patients:
- Spinal adjustment. Spinal adjustment relieves pressure on the spinal cord and realigns the vertebrae. This technique helps patients manage their pain while also helping improve the functioning of the central nervous system. Over time, spinal adjustment can train the body to assume healthier postures, which can prevent problems that cause lower back pain. Spinal adjustment is the core treatment that we offer to all patients who experience back pain and other musculoskeletal problems.
- Massage therapy. We offer massage therapy to help patients manage back pain, improve range of motion and improve circulation in injured parts of the body. Massage therapy helps speed the healing process.
- Lifestyle advice. Unhealthy lifestyle choices can exacerbate lower back pain and cause chronic pain. We offer lifestyle advice to patients to help them adopt healthy habits and behaviors that can prevent lower back pain from recurring.
- Nutritional counseling. Our nutrition counseling services help patients achieve a healthy weight to reduce pressure on the muscles and joints in the body.
Contact Your Chiropractor in Farmington
As your chiropractor in Farmington, we can help you get the treatment you need for your lower back pain. Using techniques like spinal adjustment, massage therapy, stretches and exercises and lifestyle advice, we help patients manage their lower back pain and prevent future injuries. To get a massage in Farmington and the treatment you need,contact us today at 248-471-1250.